This dish is amazing for all foodies. A superb way to start switching a few meals to either vegetarian or vegan in a way that doesn’t skimp out on good taste. Let me show you how! Here is what you need:
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 2 glass bowls.
- 1 two or four cup large glass measuring cup.
- A large iron-cast skillet or stainless steel non-stick skillet.
- A large sauce pan with lid.
- A large spatula for tossing veggies in the skillet.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- Small whisk.
- 1/4 of a red onion, cut into small squares. (Bowl 1)
- 2 medium sized scallions/green onions (sliced diagonally). (Bowl 1)
- 1 Poblano pepper, cut into small squares. (Bowl 1)
- 1 Zucchini cut into thin circles then cut again into half-circles. (Bowl 1)
- 1 Yellow Squash cut into thin circles then cut again into half-circles. (Bowl 1)
- 1/2 of a bunch of fresh spinach, washed and stemmed. (Bowl 2)
- 1 pack of baby bella mushrooms, washed and strained. (Bowl 2)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 package of Simply Asia Low Mein Noodles.
- Pam spray or similar (can drop some olive oil into a paper towel too).
For Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter.
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger.
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seed oil.
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- a pinch of ground cayenne pepper.
- 2 tablespoons of water.
In the large sauce pan, bring 6 qts of water to a boil with a pinch of salt and a pinch of olive oil.
Cover with the lid.
When water is boiling, add in the Low Mein noodles, cook uncovered for 7-8 minutes or until preferred consistency.
In the large skillet heat up the 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat.
Stir in the contents of Bowl 1 from above.
Toss the vegetables consistently so nothing sticks or burns.
When onions are fully cooked and translucent, lower the heat to medium.
Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until they are tender and browned over.
Stir in 1 tablespoon minced garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the spinach. Cook until it’s fully wilted into the veggies.
Lower heat to a simmer.
(NOTE: This is something your partner or older kids could do while you cook the veggies.)
Using your Pam spray (or similar), spray one puff into a 1/4 cup measuring cup before putting your peanut butter into it. Make sure the cup is covered by the spray and put your peanut butter into it. This keeps the peanut butter from sticking to the measuring cup. Drop it into your large glass measuring cup.
Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and water to the large glass measuring cup. Stir all the ingredients together with a whisk.
Add the maple syrup and lime juice, keep stirring.
Add the ginger and cayenne pepper, whisk everything together.
Pour over the veggies in the skillet.
Once your noodles are cooked, drain them and add them to veggies in the skillet.
Stir everything together and serve.